Commercial real estate traditionally has provided a barrier against inflation. Investors who would normally invest in stocks are now investing in real estate to diversify their money. Here are seven trends driving commercial real estate this year:
- Significant capital and available debt will contribute to another year of growth.
- Secondary markets will outgrow the country’s major cities.
- The housing hot streak will (most likely) continue.
- Offices will change, but they won’t shutter.
- Real estate will welcome more quants (quantitative firms) to the mix.
- Proptechs (property technology) got popular. Time to consolidate.
- Construction costs will rise, benefiting existing assets.
For more information regarding these trends, click here.